This week I found another one of my friends and somewhat of a fitness inspiration to me was motivated by my journey. I really cannot tell you enough how that just fills me with happiness. It honestly makes me feel as though I have paid back to them the motivation they originally gave for me to start this journey.
Now on to the big new thought for the week. I have always looked at runners in awe. Don’t know exactly why but I have. I want to have that title. It’s as though they have a freeness to them like they are just untouchable. That being said I have decided to enter into a 5K come spring. I am going to give myself ample time to train and prepare. So far I am getting faster with my walking and I have added in running intervals on some of the days. Trying to get my lungs and legs to catch up to my heart and mind with this thought. A 5K isn’t all that much but for a non-runner like me…it’s huge! So…”no matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” Living and breathing it. The hubby said he’d even enter with me and we could look into getting a single jogging stroller for Izzy to join in on the family exercising. He’s such an awesome motivator and supporter!
Weight: 196.2 lbs today
Total loss: 12.4 lbs
90 Day Challenge loss: 3.8 lbs
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (Last seen in High School when I was running and watching what I ate)
- Started walk/run intervals. Did the 2.25 miles in 34 mins.
- 2 Weeks of the Challenge and feeling great about my food intake. Not super hungry. Down to small meals and snacks throughout the entire day. NO DIGESTION SLEEPINESS!
- Broke out the blankets for the kids to keep walking with me.
- 17.39 miles walked this week! Earned a new Fitbit badge for 50 miles :)
- Working heavy on my arms in preparation for the Marine Corps Ball! I bought a strapless dress from a friend and I want to look as fabulous as she did in it!
- Been utilizing nap time for Blogilates #OMGOctober calendar!
- Got a foam roller to help with muscle stretching! I love to hate this thing!
Also join us if you’d like on the 90 Day Challenge! You can also join the Facebook group to watch Adrian and my day to day posting of the Challenge with info & best of all recipes! And please if you want to do this with me, I will gladly add you on MyFitnessPal so we can encourage one another! You can click on the badge along the right side to find me!
Recipes tried this week!
- Petite Lasagnas http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2010/11/04/petite-lasagnas/
- Chicken Tortilla Soup http://mycharmedlife10.blogspot.com/2012/09/pinterest-weekly-meal-plan.html
- Lighter Chicken Enchiladas http://www.marthastewart.com/318900/lighter-chicken-enchiladas
- Italian Stuffed Peppers https://nicolemichellesblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/italian-stuffed-peppers/